To apply for Beginners Course in Hijama Therapy simply fill in your email address below, complete the online registration form and pay the fee. Once the payment has been received, you will receive an email approving your application. Please read the "Terms and Conditions" before applying.
Our aim to spread awareness of Hijama Therapy globally, so part of that is making our courses affordable as possible. Not everyone wants to practice Hijama Therapy professionally. You may just want to learn more about it, or practice it in house on your family and friends. With this course you can learn about Hijama Therapy at a low cost price. Learn how to perform Hijama at your own pace and with tutor support at your finger tips.
If you want to practice Hijama Therapy in a professional capacity, this course is a perfect introductory course to build your confidence and practice your skill. Once you have completed this course you can move on to the Higher Diploma course and become a fully Qualified Hijama Practitioner.
1. To grasp the basic understanding of Hijama therapy application in theory and in practice.
2. To be confident in applying Hijama therapy safely.
3. To be able to deal with patients in a professional manner.
4. A starting point to becoming a Qualified Hijama Practitioner.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS COURSE?
Once you have completed this course, you will receive a certificate and will be able to practice Hijama Therapy on your family and friends.
If you are interested in becoming a Qualified Hijama Practitioner, this course is a stepping stone to help you gain confidence and give you the tools to practice your newly acquired skill.
After completing this course you can move on to the Higher Diploma in Hijama Therapy and practice professionally and even start your own Hijama Practice.
This is a flexible online Hijama course. Students are able to complete this course at their own pace with no set deadlines. We recommend the course be completed within 6 weeks. If a student wishes to complete it in less/more than 6 weeks, he/she may do so. Each unit requires 1 week of study.
1. Treating Sickness
2. Other Medicines from the Sunnah
3. Prohibited Remedies
2. History of Cupping
3. Types of Cupping
4. Dry Cupping (including indications, contra-indications and method)
5. Massage Cupping (including indications, contra-indications and method)
6. Wet Cupping
1. General narrations about Cupping
2. Cupping while fasting
3. Cupping while in a state of ihram (consecration)
4. Sunnah Cupping points mentioned in the narrations of the Prophet
5. Sunnah cupping points
6. Preferred days for Wet Cupping in Islam
7. Frequency of wet cupping
1. Patients preparation for a cupping session
2. Therapist's preparation for a cupping session
3. Who can be treated with wet cupping
4. Who wet cupping should be administered on
5. Method - Wet Cupping
6. After treatment care
1. Treatment room
2. Equipment used for cupping
3. Health and hygiene of the therapist
4. Safeguarding the health and safety of the patient
5. Code of conduct
A total of 2/3 hours of practical training and tutorials will be held online/at a designated location (Forest Gate, East London) during the course. For students who cannot attend or international students, practical training will be conducted via videos. We will provide a instructional video to all our students, this will teach you how to perform the Hijama, and therefore allow you to practice in your own time. We aim to hold regular live practical training sessions a year depending on the number of students and the demand. We are pleased to announce, we now have a male instructor for the male students.
Assessments comprise of:
Practical Exam - At the end of the course, students are required to complete a practical exam, this is given online in the form of a video or in person at a designated location (this will be held in Forest Gate, East London). (Times and dates for live sessions will be given to students and may be subject to change at the discretion of Simply Hijama).
For students in the UK, the Practical Training Session can take around 3 hours and the Practical exam takes place in the same session.
Online Multiple Choice Tests - Students are required to complete two online multiple choice tests (open book).
As part of the course students are also expected to send in 10 proof of practice pictures of different people that they have performed Hijama on as evidence of their practice (the pictures are not part of the assessment and are not graded).